Planning Permission

Frequently Asked Questions

Planning permission for wood panelled extension in Granton, Edinburgh

Do I Need Planning Permission?

You may need Planning Permission for your building project in Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian, Stirling, or elsewhere in Scotland:

  • if you want to build something new
  • if you’re going to make a significant change, like building an extension
  • if you’re going to change the use of your building
  • you may also need ‘Listed Building Consent or Conservation Area Consent

SHS BURRIDGE ARCHITECTS will check whether you need to Planning Permission or other Statutory Approvals. We will then prepare and submit the applications and guide them through the process.

When Don't You Need Planning Permission?

You don’t always need Planning Permission for some small building works that don’t impact the surrounding area.

How Do You Apply For Planning Permission?

To apply for Planning Permission, SHS BURRIDGE ARCHITECTS will develop a design from your brief, prepare all the drawings and submit your Planning Application for you. We have an excellent track record of achieving Planning Permissions and Listed Building Consents, even in very testing situations, and will be there, all the way, guiding you through the whole process.

Extension for dining room with wooden floor and built-in shelving, Granton, Edinburgh.

Our Services